Safer Driver Course
This course is designed to prepare learner drivers to become safer drivers, To build awareness of safe driving behaviours and attitudes that lead to better resilience and low risk driving choices when transitioning to a provisional licence and independent driving. Statistics show that young drivers are at greatest risk of crashing in the first 6 months of independent driving.
It is important that learner drivers gain as much supervised on-road driving experience as possible in a wide range of driving conditions while on their learner licence.
Safer Driver Course eligibility:
The Safer Driver Course is available for learner drivers aged under 25 at the time their learner licence was issued.
What is involved:
The Course is broken up into 2 modules.
- Module one: Learners will gain a better understanding of risks and how to manage them to be safer drivers. This will be conducted online - 2.5 hours.
- Module two: Learners will practice how to apply low risk strategies when driving. Students will undertake this component with the driving instructor - 1 hour.
The Safer Driver Course is designed to be interactive and engaging. It is important that learner drivers gain as much supervised on-road driving experience as possible in a wide range of driving conditions while on their learner licence.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive 20 hours towards their required 100 logbook hours.
Up and Coming Dates:
- Tuesday 21 November 17:30 - 20:00
- Sunday 26 November 14:30 - 17:30
- Tuesday 30 November 17:30 - 20:00
Monday 4 December 17:30 – 20:00
Tuesday 12 December 17:30 – 20:00
Wednesday 20 December 17:30 – 20:00
Sunday 14 January 14:30 – 17:00
Cost of the program is $170.00
Please use the below link below to view dates and secure your spot.